Faculty and Staff:
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart, as expressed by Helen Keller. May your holidays be felt within your heart.
MAP Priorities and Projects on Chadron State 2020
- Chadron State 2020 — http://www.csc.edu/president/2020/index.csc
- MAP Support — http://www.csc.edu/library/mapsupport/index.csc
Two attachments accompany this Update.
- Degrees of Satisfaction at Chadron State College (pdf) — Analysis and comparisons of some items within the 2015 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) and 2015 Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE). The CSC Office of Institutional Effectiveness compiled this report. For more information, contact Dr. Bob Adebayo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terie Dawson (email@example.com).
- CSC Committees 2015-2106 (pdf) — List of CSC committees and members beyond Presidential and Faculty Senate committees. If there are any errors, please contact Paula Perlinski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hired for Spring 2016: Christopher McCarthy, tenure track in Business.
Faculty searches in progress: 3 Business; 1 Science; 1 Art; 2 ESP (HPER & Rangeland); 2 Graduate (Counseling & Education).
Annual Faculty and Staff Information Fair Luncheon
On 11 February 2016 (Thursday), we will be having our Annual Information Fair Luncheon from 11:00am to 12:45pm in the Student Center, Ballroom. If you have a committee or a group that would like to have a table please email Paula Perlinski at email@example.com by January 29th.
Library Learning Commons
CSC librarians are ordering books for academic departments in December. Chairs, please submit your finalized book lists to your liaisons by Wednesday, 9 December. For more information about your liaisons, visit: http://academic.csc.edu/llc/blog/?p=321.
Teaching & Learning Center
The TLC is offering a wide range of seminars, workshops, and institutes for faculty (and academic affairs staff) in spring 2016. To find out more about these (as well as to register), visit the TLC site: http://csc.edu/tlc/workshops.
November 2015 Board Approvals
- A significant factor in the approval of addition of three program changes related to utilization of existing coursework and resources to offer students other alternatives. The elimination of options and endorsements related to consistent low student enrollment.
- Elimination of Physics Option, Physics Field Endorsement, and Physics Subject Endorsement
- Addition of Interdisciplinary Humanities Minor (Fall 2017)
- Addition of Public Health Promotion and Education Minor (Fall 2017)
- Addition of Special Education-Early Childhood Option within Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction (Fall 2017)
- Addition of Rangeland Equine Management Option within Bachelor of Science with a Comprehensive Major in Rangeland Management (Fall 2017).
- President Rhine’s Report to the Board of Trustees focused on high impact-practices, with an illustration: 14 October 2015 conference, “Not Asking for It: A Workshop on Sexual Assault” by the Social Work Program.
- Emeritus Status of Dr. James Wright.
Accreditation: Approval of Progress Report
At the November meeting the CSC Progress Report for the baccalaureate social work program was accepted by Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). See the 11 February 2015 VPAA Update for information regarding specialized accreditation.