Please contact me at email@example.com as soon as possible to confirm availability of funds if you wish to register, and indicate which session you are interested in. Please note that you will be committing to attend all four days. If you attend, I’ll be asking you to share what you have learned in some manner with others on campus – perhaps a presentation or blog article.
From Quality Matters https://www.qualitymatters.org/live-winter-institutes
“These are not traditional “sit back and listen” webinars! In each Winter Institute web conference workshop you will work collaboratively, often in breakout rooms, to create “take-aways” you can apply to your courses right away.
Each Winter Institute session includes four days of dynamic, two-hour workshops. The December Winter Institute will focus on Alignment: Helping Learners Attain Desired Outcomes. The January Winter institute will address Accessibility and Usability: Meet the Needs of ALL Learners. These workshops are limited to a small number of participants (no more than 20) to ensure a high level of interactivity. Sessions are scheduled from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. MST with a different topic each day. Subscriber fees are just $250 for all 4 sessions (a cost savings of $50!) while non-subscribers are $450. Fees can be pre-paid or invoiced at the end of the series.
QM LIVE! Winter Institute Session I: December 15 through 18, 2014 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. MST
Alignment: Helping Learners Attain Desired Outcomes
- Day 1, December 15, Measurable, Precise, Consistent and Clear Objectives or Competencies
- Day 2, December 16, Connecting Objectives or Competencies and Assessments
- Day 3, December 17, Developing Activities That Support Objectives or Competencies
- Day 4, December 18, Supporting Alignment and Active Learning
QM LIVE! Winter Institute Session II: January 5-8, 2015
Accessibility and Usability: Meet the Needs of All Learners 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. MST
- Day 1, January 5, Providing Accessibility Statements
- Day 2, January 6, Developing Consistent Navigation
- Day 3, January 7, Creating Accessible Materials
- Day 4, January 8, Creating Multimedia for All Learners”