New Faculty Checklist–
We are glad that you are joining us at Chadron State College!
As you are new to teaching on campus, we offer this checklist to help you find your bearings. The list includes items to point you in the right direction in terms of teaching resources so you can get started when you arrive on campus.
New Faculty Orientation
Mark your calendar for the New Faculty Orientation
- Date: 08/16/18
- Time: 8 am to 2 pm (optional 5 to 7 pm social gathering at Bean Broker)
- Location: ADM 030, 0331, and 332
- Description: Participants meet with the NFO facilitator, media relations, college administrators, and technical staff.
- [Download Agenda]
CSC Online Demo
- Contact Sam Ballard, IT Specialist and CSC Online Guru, to schedule a tutorial of CSC’s learning management system.
- firstname.lastname@example.org | Old Admin 001 | 308.432.7089
- Sakai 11 Instructor Guide–bookmark this resource and reference it for tutorials for support in using Sakai
Mediated Classroom Demo
- Contact Jereme Patterson, IT Analyst and Technology Guru, to schedule a demo of mediated classrooms.
- email@example.com | Old Admin 001 | 308.432.6234
Nebraska Defensive Driving Course
- Contact Brenda Barry-Schommer to set up a time to meet with her and sign up for the Nebraska Defensive Driving online course.
- firstname.lastname@example.org | Sparks Hall 113 | 308.432.6490
- **Note** Prior to meeting with Brenda, your CSC email will need to be already set up. Also, bring your driver’s license when you meet with Brenda as it is required to sign up for the course.
Studio Portrait Session
- Contact Daniel Binkard, College Relations Digital Graphic Designer, to schedule a studio portrait session. Official photos are used (with your permission) for the online employee directory and for CSC news publications.
- email@example.com | Crites Hall 350 |308.432.6452
CSC Syllabus Template
- Download and use the CSC Syllabus Template to guide the development of your course syllabi (unless your chair provides you with a department syllabus template to use.)
- Download and use the Daily Schedule Templates (Word Format or Excel Format) to assist in determining semester/term office hours to list in your course syllabi. As per section 5.5.1 of the SCEA agreement, office hours on campus are required of all faculty, at least five (5) hours per week for no less than three (3) days per week.
Biography Form and Teaching Experience Survey
- Please complete this form and this survey to let us know more about your background. Information you provide on the biography form will also be used in writing an article to introduce our new faculty to the campus and the community.
Teaching & Learning Center Resources
- Explore these Teaching & Learning Center Resources to find out what the TLC offers for faculty professional development and resources.
- Quality Matters (QM) is a nationally recognized, faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online course design and online components. The Quality Matters Rubric is used in course reviews that result in continuous improvement and faculty development.