This website and blog is designed to assist new faculty members at Chadron State College. It’s both a general resource and a supplement to the New Faculty Orientation (NFO) Program, which is operated by the Teaching & Learning Center.
The NFO Program engages its cohort throughout the academic year and provides just-in-time guidance and information. It includes a full-day of orientation in August and hour-length bi-monthly meetings during the fall and spring semesters.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to
1. demonstrate processes and techniques that lead to continuous improvement in teaching, scholarly and creative activities, and professional service
2. locate, describe, and adhere to the mission, values, and policies of Chadron State College
3. utilize campus technologies effectively and identify faculty and student support systems for these technologies
4. identify, utilize, and construct resources for student success
5. describe the process of academic advising, identify useful resources, and evaluate and assist students with advising inquiries
6. develop a support network; determine offices and individuals who can assist in developing useful relationships
7. design a scholarly and creative activities plan as well as a professional service plan.